Position Overview: HOPE Christian Schools: Semper is seeking a strategic and dynamic 3rd & 4th ELA Lead Teacher, who is committed to managing the grade level team to ensure dramatic student achievement for all students in their classroom. Our students work extremely hard and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. Achieving these high standards requires a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed, and a passion for developing the character of a serving leader in every child.
- Set and hold students to extremely high academic and behavior standards.
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, Christ-like character and ensure that students exhibit the same values.
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans as part of a long-term Scope & Sequence aligned to the curricular goals of HOPE.
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that all students are invested in their academic excellence and can fulfill their potential.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand unambiguously that teachers love them.
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Use an effective system for tracking student mastery of curricular objectives for each unit and throughout the school year.
- Assume responsibility for every single scholar’s success by holding all students accountable to school-wide behavioral expectations.
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for content knowledge
- Strong understanding of how to backwards plan and standards based instruction.
- A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative solution finder.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
- Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic, humility, positive in the face of incredible challenges, and loving.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Valid Wisconsin teaching credential (preferred)
- 1+ years experienced teaching is a plus
Anticipated Start Date: July 2017
Compensation: HOPE Christian Schools offers a generous compensation package, including participation in employer sponsored 403(b) retirement account and world class professional development opportunities.