|Position Overview: HOPE Christian Schools is seeking passionate and collaborative Teacher Fellows who are committed to supporting student achievement for all students. Our students work extremely hard and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. Achieving these high standards requires a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed, and a passion for developing the character of a serving leader in every child.
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to increase their academic and cultural knowledge base and continue their impact on students in Milwaukee. This temporary to permanent position will provide Teacher Fellows with the opportunity to support a variety of teachers and classrooms as well as access one-on-one training with the administrative staff in their Teacher Fellow role. If successful, the Teacher Fellow will then be considered for placement as a Lead Teacher in the HOPE network.
This position will begin as a temporary to permanent position. After 60 days, the Teacher Fellow will be evaluated for continued employment and begin training for the remainder of the school year.
- Set and hold students to the extremely high academic and behavior standards their lead teacher has for them.
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, Christ-like character and ensure that students exhibit the same values.
- Follow the lesson plan provided by the lead teacher with fidelity at all times.
- Make strong decisions on when and where to involve the administration.
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that all students are invested in their academic excellence and can fulfill their potential.
- Build rapport with students so they understand unambiguously that teachers love them.
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, student achievement.
What to Expect:
- The Day starts at 7:15am to prepare for the day by reviewing the schedule and plans left by the lead teacher.
- Attend staff meeting at 7:30am to hear any announcements
- Follow the plans left by the teacher during all classes.
- Depending on the lead teacher’s schedule, you will have a prep period to prepare for the coming lessons.
- Prior to leaving at 4pm all materials are collected and the classroom is “closed” according to the directions of the lead teacher.
- A demonstrated passion for and commitment to the mission of HOPE Schools.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills.
- A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative solution finder.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
- Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic, humility, positive in the face of incredible challenges, and loving.
- If you are selected for an in-person interview you will be required to produce teaching credentials (if required for this position) and proof of your highest degree obtained in order to participate in the interview.