Position Overview: EAGLE Maryvale is seeking a passionate and collaborative Educational Assistant (EA) to assist and support lead teachers in ensuring dramatic student achievement for all students in their classroom. Our students work extremely hard and are held to very high expectations regarding both academic achievement and character development. Achieving these high standards requires a commitment to loving our students, an unyielding belief that all children can and must succeed, and a passion for developing the character of a serving leader in every child.
- Hold students to extremely high academic and behavioral standards.
- Take personal responsibility for the academic outcomes of every student.
- Support a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment so that students are excited about and invested in pursuing academic excellence.
- Implement lessons, assessments, and character education as designed by the lead teacher.
- Support students through one-on-one tutoring or small group instruction, implementing remediation or acceleration with guidance from the lead teacher.
- Assist teacher in maintaining on-task behavior in the classroom by consistently complimenting, checking for understanding and refocusing students.
- Support students on educational technology – helping with log in and computer usage, reinforcing procedures, answering questions and monitoring student activity.
- Provide assistance in lesson preparation (making copies, gathering materials, passing out supplies, etc.)
- Track and maintain up-to-date records of student academic achievement, behavior, attendance, homework, and assessments.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand unambiguously that the school loves them.
- Monitor students during lunch, recess, arrival and dismissal.
- Fingerprint clearance card required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university OR passing score on the ParaPro exam required.
- Experience working with preschool or elementary age youth or in a school setting strongly preferred.
- Strong desire to hold students to high expectations and never accept anything less.
- Ability to think outside the box and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Willingness to accept, implement, and grow from constructive feedback.
Compensation: This is an hourly ($12.50/per hour), non-exempt position.