Our goal at Compass is to provide each child with high-quality learning in a loving Christian environment. Our programs strive to be an extension of the family setting, designed to give parents a support system, educational choice and peace of mind. Our before and after school programs emphasize the spiritual, intellectual and social development of students. At Compass, each child’s journey unfolds daily. Our programs help guide students along the path, providing the tools needed for a meaningful and grace-filled future.
Compass before and after school mentors will be responsible for supervising a small group of children (10-16) during free play activities, snack time, daily devotions, and homework help sessions. The ultimate job of each mentor is to help children understand their identity as children of God and how their actions and behavior (performance) flows from this identity.
- High School diploma
- Experience working with elementary age-children
- Belief in the Triune God and active membership in a Christian congregation
- Personal qualities: passionate, relentless work ethic, team player, humility, positive in the face of challenges, and loving attitude
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience integrating the Christian faith and character development in all aspects of a child’s experience.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching and developing young children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to young children, teachers and parents.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn current technology (i.e. smart boards, iPads, word processing programs, photo & video editing tools).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Embody and demonstrate a loving, positive character and ensure that students exhibit the same values.
- Build rapport with students, parents, and families so they understand unambiguously that teachers love them.
- Participate in regular professional development activities as required by Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Support the success of all Compass programs; sharing best practices with other leaders and providing input to improve regional and individual programs.
- Enforce policies such as admission, attendance, and discipline in alignment with Compass Educational Programs Student Handbook.
- Promote a positive image within the community as an example for the children and families in all aspects of your life.
- If you are selected for an in-person interview you will be required to produce teaching credentials (if required for this position) and proof of your highest degree obtained in order to participate in the interview.
Compensation: Compass Education Programs offers a competitive hourly pay for Before and After School Mentors.
Morning hours: Monday–Friday 6:15 to 7:30 AM
Afternoon hours: Monday–Thursday 3:15 to 6:00 PM, Friday 12:30 to 6:00 PM